Updated on March 23, 2023
Solid-State Drives (SSDs) have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their fast read and write speeds, low latency, and reliability. The SSD market is expected to grow substantially in the coming years, driven by the increasing demand for low-latency storage in enterprise workloads. A new market and technology trends report predicts that the SSD market will reach around $67 billion by 2028.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the SSD market, including forecasts on various form factors and interfaces for enterprise and client applications. The report covers the following key features:
Table of Contents
- SSD form factors include 2.5”/U.2, mSATA/M.2, BGA, EDSFF, AIC/Other.
- These form factors are suitable for different applications, such as data centers, PCs, laptops, and embedded devices.
- The report provides insights on the market forecasts for each form factor.
SSD interfaces include SAS, SATA (AHCI), PCIe (NVMe), among others. The report provides additional analysis on the interface mix of the diverse PCIe generations. PCIe (NVMe) is the most popular interface for SSDs due to its high performance and low latency. The report provides market forecasts for each interface.
SSD controllers play a critical role in managing the interface between the SSD and the host system. The report provides a description and market forecast on SSD controllers by SSD interfaces. The report also covers the latest advancements in SSD controllers, including the integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) techniques.
SSD Supply Chain:
The SSD supply chain includes component manufacturers, SSD manufacturers, and system integrators. The report provides a description of the SSD supply chain and the players’ dynamics. The report also covers the latest developments in SSD manufacturing, such as the use of 3D NAND technology and advanced packaging techniques.
Key Technology Trends:
The report provides insights on these key technology trends that will shape the future of the SSD market.
- CXL is a new interconnects technology that enables high-speed communication between CPUs and SSDs.
- SCM is a new type of memory that combines the performance of DRAM with the persistence of NAND flash memory.
- CSD is a new type of SSD that integrates processing capabilities to perform computational tasks at the storage level.
- DNA-Based storage is a new type of storage technology that uses DNA molecules to store and retrieve digital data.
Visit here for more details: https://www.shopsaitech.com/solid-state-driveshttps://esaitech.com/collections/ssd-solid-state-drives
In conclusion, the SSD market is set to experience significant growth in the coming years due to the increasing demand for low-latency storage in enterprise workloads. The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the SSD market, covering various form factors, interfaces, SSD controllers, the SSD supply chain, and key technology trends. As SSD technology continues to evolve, it will be interesting to see how it will shape the future of data storage and computing.